Elevation Docks for iPhone5 on sale!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Partridge, May 7, 2013.

1. Partridge macrumors 6502

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I realize the engineering that went into the doc, but $49 is a way better price point for these.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Isn't it a given that less cost is always prefer to the buyer?

4. JoeFkling macrumors regular

I dont think that that is always true. If these were $14.99 people would begin to think that they are junk, etc.

5. sindekit macrumors member

If it were $14.99, it'd be junk I'd be willing to try out. But then again, that's cause I'm cheap.

6. vodavoda macrumors member

Any idea if the Sector 5 with Attack™ Back Plate - Carbon Fiber will fit in this dock?

7. Robster3 macrumors 68000

8. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

True, but they include their lightning adapter (to be used with your own Apple lightning connector) so that if you want, you can swap out their 30-pin connector to use the dock with your iPhone 5. :)

9. joekim1026 macrumors regular

Does this work with a case on the 4/4s or the 5?

10. Partridge thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep. It's about $40 off, and you still get the 30pin parts so you can use it with an older phone. The elevation dock is supposed to have a low friction 30pin connector. From the reviews I've read it will fit most cases.

Considering people have been buying them at full price for a while, I think it's a pretty good deal, except the approximately $10 shipping kinda kills it for me. Still pondering getting one, but I already have one of the element case docks.

11. jt2020 macrumors newbie

This is a neat dock! I really wonder how heavy it is though.

12. Partridge thread starter macrumors 6502

That's true of ALL lightning docks at this point. The connector just has a lot of resistance. To date, nobody has come out with a dock that doesn't suffer from this "connection gate" problem. Some of us with docks have modified the connector to fix this, but there are no commercial solutions to allow frictionless undocking. They're pretty upfront on the site that the dock uses the apple cable and will not be frictionless like it was for the iphone4