Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Guess you have to tilt your head to use it while it's charging?

Depends on how you mount it. Props for flexibility. In addition to being reasonably priced, this charging stand seems to be one of the most useful I've seen so far.

Hi All -

I wanted to pop on here to introduce myself and address this. I am a new partner at Elevation Lab. I won't make any excuses for past mistakes and poor communication. I will say that we have learned some valuable lessons over the past 12 months and are striving to become a better company across the board.

Just know that we read these comments and take it to heart that the community has a powerful voice and we better not screw it up again. We want to be around for years to come.

Sincerely

Tom Floyd
Elevation Lab

That sounds reassuring. Hope you live up to that promise.

Last edited:

Peel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Seattle
Likewise. I got burned by Coin and iQi which were complete junk, so now i'm done. I'm not backing electronics campaigns anymore.

At least Coin let you cancel your order for a complete refund. I just did so 2 weeks ago, and the money way credited to my credit card (oh the irony) on Monday of the following week.

jkestner

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2013
"...it naturally kills germs…"

Neither their website nor their Zendesk help site mentions how this is done.

I do hope this is not another product laced with Triclosan or similar chemicals. :eek:

Silver and copper are naturally antibacterial. This likely has Microban, which has silver particles, in the silicone.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
which will be extremely useful until your cards are replaced by your bank with chipped ones. merchant terminals which support the chips will reject your swipes and prompt you for the chip. which the Coin won't have. DOA product. Glad i got a refund.

Coin wasn't a KS campaign and they even called them 'pre-orders.'

Then suddenly they started calling us backers. I'm not falling for that again.

I was referring to their first KS campaign for the Dock. I'm not even sure what "Coin" is I'll have to look like that up.

ImDoubleD

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Anyone disappointing with this product? I'm the idiot for not reading the entire web site but for $30 I expected this to have the cord and ability to charge the watch, included in the stand. If I had flipped to the bottom of the site and seen I have to use my cord, I would not have paid $30 for this piece of rubber. Chalk it up to focusing more on the watch than the stand...

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
And? How do you like it so far? Any input? :)

Got my black one today. Loving it. The contrast of white puck and black nightstand look really nice.
It is surprising soft velvet like surface with significantly harder stress reliever like feeling when push in. Not a very hard plastic feeling at all. Very very high end feeling.
It will be interesting what kind of surface material and degree of softness when push in, other 3rd party imitator use with half selling price.

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Got my black one today. Loving it. The contrast of white puck and black nightstand look really nice.
It is surprising soft velvet like surface with significantly harder stress reliever like feeling when push in. Not a very hard plastic feeling at all. Very very high end feeling.
It will be interesting what kind of surface material and degree of softness when push in, other 3rd party imitator use with half selling price.

How much stress is put on the cable? From the pictures, it looks like the cable has to be bent pretty severely to fit into the channel. It doesn't look like its ninety degrees but it looks like it's more than just a slight bend.

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
How much stress is put on the cable? From the pictures, it looks like the cable has to be bent pretty severely to fit into the channel. It doesn't look like its ninety degrees but it looks like it's more than just a slight bend.
Not sure it matter for me. Once I set it up, it does not move at all on my night stand. I have no intention to carry it for travel. It actually has a double side clear stick tape material on the bottom of stand to stick on to night stand.
Both whole body of stand and cable are same type of softness.

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Not sure it matter for me. Once I set it up, it does not move at all on my night stand. I have no intention to carry it for travel. It actually has a double side clear stick tape material on the bottom of stand to stick on to night stand.
Both whole body of stand and cable are same type of softness.

I'm more concerned with the stress put on the cable boot. That was one of the reasons why I didn't get their original iPhone dock (the lightning cable was bent 90 degrees right at the cable boot).

alanpgh

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2005

ElevationLab early this morning revealed a new product aimed at charging and securely fastening the Apple Watch, called the "NightStand." Aimed at securing the Watch with a strong base, NightStand isn't only one of the more reasonably priced Apple Watch stands to come along, but has the unique functionality of being able to mount vertically onto surfaces as well.

Apple_Watch_v6.68-1_grande.jpg
Similar to ElevationDock, the company's popular iPhone charging base, the NightStand for Apple Watch aims "to make charging un-annoying and effortless." Thanks to what the company calls the "NanoPad", the dock holds strong to any smooth surface it is placed on, which ElevationLab assures will provide customers with a quicker, one-handed charging experience.
One of NightStand's most interesting features is its ability to be mounted vertically, thanks to an included "ultra-strong, optional to use, custom 3M adhesive back." ElevationLab promises it's as easy to place on a wall with a smooth surface as it is on a horizontal area, assuring a painless removal process as well that may require the adhesive to be slightly heated with a hair dryer in extreme cases.

Apple_Watch_v6_bed_vert.91-2_grande.jpg
The NightStand is available in three colors - Bright Red, Matte Black, and Cerulean Blue - and can be pre-ordered from ElevationLab's official website right now for $29. The docks, unfortunately, won't ship for over a month, with an estimated May 29 date currently sitting as the ballpark dispatch date for pre-orders made soon.

Article Link: ElevationLab Debuts $30 Apple Watch 'NightStand'

alanpgh

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2005
Apple Watch Nightstand from Elevation Lab is awesome. Ordered a week ago with free shipping.
Arrived today. Well designed, easy to use in all orientations, and economical.
Thank You Elevation Lab!

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Stand actually looks nice. I don't know how I missed MR's article on it before.

I'm not a fan of the removal of the independent pricing displays though. If someone is messing around with something, it's inconvenient to have to wait for them to leave to just to be able to look at the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.