eleven new emails for same thread

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Mac'nCheese, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I currently have eleven new emails for my subscription for the thread IT GETS BETTER.... I thought you were only supposed to get one at a time. Occasionally, I have received more then one at the same time but this is a record. Uh-oh, just got the 12th. Whats going on?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Go to User CP on the toolbar above, then click Edit Options, where you'll see a dropdown under Default Thread Subscription Mode to change your notifications:
    ScreenCap 8.png

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

But I want the notifications. I just don't want (now) 15 of the same ones...

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can change it to daily and you won't get a separate notification for every post. It's much easier to simply visit the User CP and see what threads you're subscribed to that have new posts. I prefer not getting any emails.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Under instant email notification, the forum system should send you only one email until you visit the forums. If you've been in and out of the forums all day, you will have received multiple emails. Each time you enter the forums after an email is sent, the clock is reset and the system seeks to again notify you of new replies.

Instant email notification isn't really appropriate for fast-moving threads.

6. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

That makes sense. I have been in and out of the thread a lot, maybe we keep passing in cyber space.