Elgato customer service?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by R.Youden, Jul 11, 2007.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I have an eyeTV Hybrid which has suddenly packed-in and stopped working. Neither the eyeTV of the System Profiler can detect the device. I have emailed Elgato and they have provided me with steps to try and rectify the problem but no joy. They said in the email that I need to exchange the item as it is still under warranty.

I have asked how to return the device but they have not got back in contact with me after 2 days. I purchased the item from the Apple on-line store and they told me the returns are handled by Elgato.

Has anyone else ever dealt with Elgato in this way before and how successful where you?

Thanks.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I was in almost the exact same situation however it was a long time ago now. All I can remember was it was resolved very quickly and i got a replacement. They (can't remember who they were) arrange for collection of the old and delivery of the new. Think the turn around time was about 3 day in all.

3. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

A quick update.

Elgato are useless!

As I am based in the UK they transfered my replacement item request to Munich and I still (despite a number of emails over the last week) have not heard anything from them.

Sorry Elgato, but unless you sort this out quick then I will not be purchasing anything from you again!

Not happy!