Elgato Eve plug

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by johngordon, Feb 24, 2018.

1. johngordon macrumors 68000

I’ve been using one of these to see if it’s worth replacing our fridge or freezer as they are abou 15 year’s old.

It’s all set up fine, but does anyone know if hours of measurements of 0kWh are normal?

I’m guessing it probably is, as maybe when fridges get cold enough they don’t really need to do anything for a while.

Would be good to know for sure though.

Thank you!

2. wesley96 macrumors 6502

wesley96

Refresh, so that the measurements are properly downloaded to your phone. The numbers are close to real-time, but only as close to the last refresh. “Fresh” numbers are black, while “old” numbers are grey.

If you’re stilling getting black 0kWh, get into the detailed measurements. Those are shown in Wh instead of kWh. If that shows 0 and you’re sure the freezer is running, then something is wrong.

3. johngordon thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmmm. It’s in the detailed measurements that I’m seeing periods of time of as much as 2-3 hours at a time showing 0.

The projected cost per year figure looks about what I’d expect though.

I’ve attached a screenshot....

Attached Files:

4. wesley96 macrumors 6502

wesley96

Since you are getting measurements above 0Wh sometimes and the projected cost shows a reasonable number, then it’s possible that the freezer is just completely “off” in the idle state. To make sure nothing is wrong, check the periods when you’re sure it’s running and compare the consumption data afterwards.

5. johngordon thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks - I suspect its fine. One of the things I was interested in looking at was the pump for the pond - that is on 24/7, and should be drawing consistent power compared to a fridge or freezer.