Elgato EyeTV

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ubundows, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Ubundows macrumors member

I read somewhere the Elgato EyeTV 250 plus's capture resolution is 720x576, does this mean I won't be able to use my DVR full screen on my coming soon iMac 24"?

2. awmazz macrumors 65816

The 250 is both analogue and digital so your analogue will be that resolution while digital will be the full 1050. Both can be played full screen on larger resolution screens regardless.

3. Ubundows thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Plus do you think an imac screen is large enough, in terms of width and height to replace a tv? I'm thinking about setting it up in my appartment as my tv, with my ichat and eyetv using 50% of the screen each.

4. fhall1 macrumors 68030

fhall1

Unless your apartment is about 100 sq feet and you sit 2 feet from the screen, a 24" iMac is not big enough that 1/2 the screen can be used for your only TV...my opinion....

5. Ubundows thread starter macrumors member

So should I go dual screen and have 1 screen for surfing and one for watching things?

6. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

Yes. How far are you sitting away from your TV?

[​IMG]

7. Ubundows thread starter macrumors member

About 3 or 4 foot from the screen. It's not a very large lounge.

8. Ubundows thread starter macrumors member

Would a 17" second monitor be okay for the family to watch shows on it when I'm working on the 24"? It doesn't need to look full 1020p, just to be watchable at standard def quality.