Eligibility changed (maybe for 3g iphone???)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GooGleit15, Jun 23, 2008.

1. GooGleit15 macrumors member

Well something weird to report....

When the fist official news about the3g iphone came out, I called up ATT and asked them would I be eligible for the 199/299 deal. The rep checked it out and said no, since you are not eligible for an upgrade until 04-09. Today when I went to check out my upgrade status it changed “This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option”. I have no idea why this changed, my only explanation is allowing all current iphone costumers to upgrade to the 3g iphone at the 199-299 price.

Currently I am an iphone costumer and do plan on purchasing the 3g on July 11.

2. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Wow! My account says the same thing. Last week it said I was eligible on 12/11/08. Now it says:
    This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option.

Interesting. :confused: I wonder if they are going to do this for everyone?

3. GooGleit15 thread starter macrumors member

4. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

You are not currently eligible to upgrade your device online. This line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 05/18/2009 More Details

dang, i have a blackberry curve. you'd think i could still do it with my perfect credit with att and the fact i have their expensive blackberry data plan.

oh well......599 it is.

5. GooGleit15 thread starter macrumors member

I dont think they will allow you, I think this proves that NOT EVERYONE WILL BE ELIGABLE FOR THE UPGRADE...

6. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

The "no commitment pricing option" is more intriguing to me.

7. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Yeah I checked yesterday and it was a no for both lines. Today its a yes for my iPhone line only. Pretty cool, not sure that I will be getting the new iPhone anytime soon but at least if my current phone dies I can get a new one.

I wonder if it will only stay that way for a few months and then go back to the original date?

8. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

My iPhone line is updated. Wonder if I upgrade to new phone and then sell it on eBay to make some cash if they would still let me get an iPhone. Hmmm.

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I concur. I was waiting for a non-iPhone user to post that. At least AT&T is making strides early in the game for current iPhone users.

10. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

If I were you, I would wait. Dont take any chances...