Eligibility

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Foxdog175, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Foxdog175 macrumors regular

I have an i4 and my wife has a 3gs. Hers is eligible for the 4s subsidy but mine isn't. Can I enter her info when I make the purchase tomorrow morning and just switch our sim cards when the 4s arrives?

2. Foxdog175 thread starter macrumors regular

3. jobsfnby macrumors regular

using another line's upgrade

last year during the iphone 4 release, the apple store at the mall had AT&T reps from their store in the mall to facilitate exactly this scenario. They said they get it all the time, especially during launches. Idk how one would go about this when ordering online but maybe you could call the at&t store to ask. I'd call today and try to figure it all out before tomorrow though.

4. christyn macrumors 6502a

Yes, it's called an upgrade swap. You'll need to go into a store to get them swapped.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Just use her info to order and when the phone comes just swap in your sim card and that's it.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You will have to do it at the store b/c the SIM cards are not the same size...:eek:

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

If the iPhone 4S still uses microsim why wouldn't his sim from his iPhone 4 fit?

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Is she keeping the 3GS or getting your old 4? If she's getting the 4, you can just upgrade her line and then swap the SIMs when it gets there. If she's keeping the 3GS, you may need to go into a store after the 4S arrives (before you activate it) so that you have all the right SIMs in the right sizes.

9. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Ignore all the above posts. They don't know anything. First

Option 1. You said you have a iPhone 4, you probably could just swap sims remove the new micro sim in the new iPhone 4S and put your in!

Option 2. I have done this before. Just preorder it under your wifes line. When it arrives you call AT&T and tell them you are using your wifes eligabilty on your line. Upgrade swap. That's it.

Option 3. You buy phone at AT&T on October 14.

Again all these options work,

Thomas

10. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Facts

1) You do NOT have to go to the store
    2) You do NOT have to swap sim cards

It's easy, all you do is order the phone online, using the upgrade you have available no matter who's line it's on.

Then upon receiving the phone you take it out of the box, charge it, call your carrier and say you want to do an upgrade swap and they do it all via computer.

There is no need to make this ten times more complicated than this simple solution.

If you use my solution you will spend about 10 minutes of your time on the phone for free.

No gas to burn, no store to drive to, no wasted BS.

11. Foxdog175 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks much for the input. She'll get my i4. So I order the i4s using her line, 3gs gets bricked, receive the i4s, and switch the i4 and i4s sims. I still have my number and she gets the i4 with her number. Sounds easy!

12. saberahul macrumors 68040

You, sir, should fix your signature.

13. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I will be doing the exact same thing as the OP. I just plan on swapping out the SIM cards when the new phone arrives. Should be easy as the new SIM card that comes with the 4S will have her number tied to it, so she will now have a micro-SIM card to swap into my old iPhone 4.

Just as others have posted. :D