Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaroooon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
I've asked before, but wanted to get opinions one last time.

My iphone 5 has a few issues:

a) iMessage isn't working, spoken to an advisor at apple, and still a month and a half later doesn't work
b) the volume without headphones is weird, kind of dips occasionally and is vey annoying
c) battery life - it's never been great but yesterday on a full charge, with general use it lasted 3 hours - this was with brightness very low, and no apps running in the background, i only used it to call and text
d) it's frozen twice when messaging someone for no apparent reason

Macaroooon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
For the battery alone you should be able to get a replacement.

Ah right, thank you.

It's annoying as some days it's fine and will last 5 hours, but there have been days where I've been shocked at how quickly it drains.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Ah right, thank you.

It's annoying as some days it's fine and will last 5 hours, but there have been days where I've been shocked at how quickly it drains.

Same here with my 4S. :( I'm gonna go to my local apple store and get it replaced. Ugly yellow screen + dead pixels + inconsistent battery. Just wish I didn't have to lose iOS 5 as a result.

Macaroooon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Question about getting a replacement

I'm hoping to get my iPhone 5 replaced, however my friend has told me if I go into the store (UK) they will give me a refurbished phone rather than a brand new one, but if I send it off I'll get a brand new one.

Is this true?

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Mine is having battery, call and wifi issues even after a restore. I'm hoping to get it replaced today. I might get a refurb to today. I got a refurb when I had problem with my iPhone 4 and it worked good as new until I broke the speaker. Don't let a refurb scare you. Apple send the phones through extensive testing before putting them back out on the market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.