Eligible for Replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MasterMatt, Oct 1, 2011.

1. MasterMatt macrumors newbie

I've heard of people who have had multiple repairs getting a computer replacement. I've had a few issues, and I was wondering if anyone had experience, and do you think these problems warrant a replacement? (I have to call AppleCare anyway, just wondering if I should bother asking for one)
    Since buying my 2010 MBP, I have gone to the Genius bar because of a boot issue, had both fans replaced, had the top casing replaced because of hinge issue, and now I have a corrupted hard drive (I have tried disk utility, it says to boot from CD and run disk utility again, but it can't fix it), and another annoying issue with the hinges, (the screen snaps and cracks when I open and close it).

Thanks!

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Most likely not eligible for replacement. Those are more often for logic board issues that require multiple LB replacements. Hard drive issues are pretty common, and fans/hinges are a lot cheaper than a new computer.

3. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Is there a lemon law for MBP lol!

4. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    It wouldn't hurt to try. Send it in and Get it in AppleCare's hands for your current issue (it's much easier to get stuff that way). Then call and talk to a manager there. Be prepared for a long conversation. I Got them to fix a broken screen once on my MBP. It took an hour long call.

5. sebgreen macrumors regular

Possibility

Do you have apple care?

Take it in and talk to the manager. Point out that this is not the first time its been in for repair. Tell them its your work machine and you need it every day and can not be doing with the constant issues you are having. Ask them to help you out.

Mine went in for a new screen (entire top clam) and new Optical Drive. They said it would take 1 week to get it back. I spoke to manager and explained I'm a web developer and need the machine to work. I just politely asked him to help me out. 2 days later I had my machine back.

The magic word 'please' sometimes is magic