Eligible for upgrade but Apple store won't let me...Terrible store experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshi3joshi, Sep 23, 2014.

1. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

Anyone have this experience? I had a most frustrating experience this weekend. I've confirmed on the apple website, and verizon that my 2 year contract is over, and I'm on a month-to-month.

I got to the apple store at 9am on Saturday, and waited about 2 hours, another hour after they opened in line to get an iPhone 6. When i finally get to my turn, the apple representative tells me I have to pay the full contract price??? I told them I was eligible for upgrade, and showed them on the apple website, and they said "sorry, we can't do anything because all it shows on my iPad is that you have to pay full contract price." :mad::mad: They made me call verizon, and the verizon representative confirmed I was eligible, and she offered to speak on my behalf to the apple store manager, who at that point came over and still told me he couldn't do anything because their system had a glitch, and kept refusing to talk to the verizon representative on the phone, because apple needs to "talk to our own verizon representatives." Needless to say I was pissed at that point, and getting pretty frustrated because I was clearly eligible. Manager just said, "its a glitch in our system, we can't fix it, but neither can verizon, so sorry, I can't do anything."

Long story short..I ended up leaving without a phone, after 3 hours at the apple store. I'm still upset about this (I know..it's just a phone), but was wondering if anyone ever had the same experience, and also, is this Apple or Verizon's fault??

First negative experience at an apple store....:(

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

i think this deserves at least an apple leather case. haha.

OP call Apple support on the phone and tell them your BAD experience. you'll be surprised how good are they to help you. Also, it looks like this is a bad apple lol, go to another apple store.

3. joshi3joshi thread starter macrumors regular

haha maybe..do you think calling apple support on the phone is worth it? I don't know how much relation they have to local stores, since the phone support might be located somewhere else.. would they have the power to check my upgrade eligibility so I can ensure if I go to the apple store again another day the same thing won't happen?

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Uh I don't think u can top the worst experience that just happened... What's the worse that could happen? Haha

5. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

That sucks, and you have every right to be pissed. But I totally believe that an Apple Store employee or even manager wouldn't have the authority to override that system. They should have definitely done more to work with you and find a solution though. Seems like you could have ordered online and done a pickup in store or something.