Eligible for upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Andrew07, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

My girlfriend purchased a Macbook on April 17 and now she's pissed that a cheaper option has come out. She isn't eligible for any upgrade is she?

2. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

'fraid not. I believe it's a two week window that Apple provides.

3. Andrew07 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I thought. The eligibility to upgrade to a new product is limited to 30 days, right? I upped her RAM to 4GB, & I think for how she uses the laptop, she wouldn't really notice any speed increase from the processor bump

4. iPhone1182 macrumors member

So who is eligible? I just bought a 13 inch macbook unibody on friday, can I upgrade for free? How does it work?

5. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

You return your macbook say you don't want it anymore and buy the new one, simple as that!

But you only have 14 days upon purchase date.

6. Hakari macrumors newbie

I talked to several Apple Store reps yesterday and according to one of them who asked a manager, people who purchased a notebook that was updated to better specs/price within 14 days of the announcement have an additional 14 days to exchange theirs for the newer one. I would be VERY hesitant to wait this one out (past my two weeks) until they are stocked in stores because of one employee's reassurance... Anyone else hear of this exchange policy?