Eligible for Verizon upgrade but likely switching soon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cschmelz, Sep 20, 2014.

1. cschmelz macrumors 6502

So I am probably switching to a family plan on ATT with my fiancee soon...I'm paying $110 for 4 gb of data on Verizon, she is paying $80+ on ATT and she uses 2gb of data for a total of $190. ATT has a 2 line 10 gig family plan for $120 or 3 lines for $135 if I want to put the kids phone on it.

Right now I can get a Verizon upgrade, but of course sign a 2 year contract....Price with Verizon for my 6+ 64gb is $399. I believe the ETF is $350 minus $20 a month? So if I am likely to take a few months to make this swap to a new plan it makes sense to just take the upgrade right?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

According to google and Verizon's website it is $350 - $10 per month. You might save a bit of money, but you'd have to do the math based on how many more months you plan to be with Verizon.

3. cschmelz thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess it gives me an opportunity to order the phone today, maybe save a few dollars ($30?) if I stay 3 months and basically get forwarded the $320 interest free as I believe the 6+ 64gb off contract price is $850 (hard to find but confirmed)

What the heck, gonna order it that way. If I don't change providers, no harm. If I do it is a interest free loan of $350 even if I leave Verizon right away, and no matter what I end up with an unlocked phone than can easily migrate to ATT's LTE network with a simple SIM swap.