MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Verizon today announced that customers with unlimited, "Play More," or "Get More" plans will receive up to a year of Apple Arcade or Google Play Pass for free.

apple-arcade-orange-feature.jpg

Starting May 25, new and existing Verizon customers will be eligible to get six months of Apple Arcade or Google Play Pass for free with any unlimited plan, or 12 months of Apple Arcade or Google Play Pass with "Play More" or "Get More" plans. The new perk comes with Verizon's Mix and Match Unlimited, which already includes services such as Apple Music.

Apple Arcade is Apple's premium subscription gaming service that lets users download and play included games ad-free and with no added costs. There are now over 180 games in Apple Arcade's library, and a subscription works across iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV, with many titles working with popular Bluetooth controllers, such as the Xbox Series X controller and the PS5 DualSense controller.

Article Link: Eligible Verizon Customers Will Get up to a Year of Apple Arcade Free

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Will be curious if there is a credit for those of us with Apple One. I know Hulu is included and since I was already paying for it they just take $6 off my bill each month.

Reactions: tooloud10 and ikir

gnomeisland

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2008
New York, NY
Will be curious if there is a credit for those of us with Apple One. I know Hulu is included and since I was already paying for it they just take $6 off my bill each month.
Verizon takes it off your bill? Asking because I'm considering a switch to Verizon.

I'm also curious to know if this will work as we already subscribe to Apple One.

Quasi26

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2009
These VZW plans are getting so good. They already come included with Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Discovery+, and Apple Music.
All of them? I thought it just offered one. So I you were using apple music, you didnt get ESPN+ for example. Is that not correct?

McKodiak

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2014
Can I claim this free year while subscribed to AppleOne Premier? I also have a year of Apple TV+ I haven’t claimed. Same question.

MNTVJunkie

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2017
Who has time for this stuff?
People spend their spare time doing what makes them happy. For some, that's browsing forums. Others enjoy spending time in front of the TV watching sports. Others fish, hunt, etc.

Personally, I think watching sports is a MASSIVE waste of time. I mean, you have literally no impact on the outcome of the game, you are just watching really REALLY rich people competing, and yet people invest their time and money, and even their identity, to "their" sports team, spending up to hundreds of hours watching them play. Apple Arcade would be a much better use of that time, IMO, because at least you can feel accomplished when you win or lose. But who am I to judge what brings others happiness?

• Disagree
Reactions: decypher44

k.alexander

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2010
Does anyone know if this is applicable to Verizon Business cell phone plans? Or how to check if one can take advantage of this?

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
I just tried it with an AppleOne subscription - it says you can't redeem the code - the offer can't be redeemed with your current subscription.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.