Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LacquerHead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Hi all,

In the process of installing BootCamp I had a boot disk not found error, and although I figured everything out with the installation and wound up putting Win 7 on every time I press the alt button upon starting the laptop it still gives me 3 options, one for Mac OS, one for Windows and one for the recovery. Anyone know how to get rid of the recovery? Thanks!

emir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
Hi all,

In the process of installing BootCamp I had a boot disk not found error, and although I figured everything out with the installation and wound up putting Win 7 on every time I press the alt button upon starting the laptop it still gives me 3 options, one for Mac OS, one for Windows and one for the recovery. Anyone know how to get rid of the recovery? Thanks!

Why would you want to get rid of recovery? If something happens to OS X you will be able to recover your os without a bootable usb nor dvd.

If you still want to get rid of it though a couple of terminal codes would do the job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.