Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zerogate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
Oakley, CA
OK, forget the fame and money. This is all a developer really needs: Elizabeth Chambers doing a quick story on our app (MeterRead) for http://www.LivingGreenChannel.com

It's the headline story right now or here's the direct link http://www.livinggreenchannel.com/302988/

We put the app down to $.99 (reg. $2.99) in her honor for the beginning of 2009 (and because she says $.99 throughout her story) LOL.

Major update coming very soon to include gas and water reads plus more.

Joshua989

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2009
All of my favorite things collide

I have and use this app all the time. And Elizabeth Chambers is my favorite host. I see her on CurrentTV all the time. How long has she been doing living green channel. More good apps and keep bringing me more Elizabeth pieces.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I don't know if that's a "helloooooo nurse" or "how YOU doin?" Nummy.

App looks like a good idea. I may have to download it when I get home. I think I have replaced every bulb humanly possible in my house with CFLs (including the darn flood lights outside). All that's left is 6 in the bathroom (waiting on them to die before replacing) and stuff like the oven and fridge lights.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
App looks like a good idea. I may have to download it when I get home. I think I have replaced every bulb humanly possible in my house with CFLs (including the darn flood lights outside). All that's left is 6 in the bathroom (waiting on them to die before replacing) and stuff like the oven and fridge lights.
You changed to CFLs thinking you'd save electricity?

Re: the app. Looks well done but how is it any better than entering your meter readings into a spreadsheet?

zerogate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
Oakley, CA
I hear you...

App looks ok, but for some reason I avoid stuff that makes a play on geeks with the girl angle.

Elizabeth Chambers is a professional with a degree in journalism from the University of Texas with experience on television, the web and she even had a part in "The Game Plan" movie starring "The Rock". I'll admit that I played the "angle" a bit for marketing purposes, but definitely not to target "geeks" or any other group. I was targeting most of America. I don't want her or you to be offended so I'm changing the "Hottie" to just "Hot"... that's a better description.

Take care and thanks for checking out the app.

Mark

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Re: the app. Looks well done but how is it any better than entering your meter readings into a spreadsheet?

I tend to agree, and in fact entering the figures in a spreadsheet would probably be quicker as you don't have to faff around with rotary dials. The app may look nice but until it offers some input for costing and, in the UK, is able then accound for tiered unit costs (first two thousand units @2x p, then remainder at x p) as well as gas and water metering, it is of limited benefit.

Joshua989

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2009
Zerogate

I see her on E! Entertainment network. She is a correpondent for them. Congrats for the publicity from high places. Good job, man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.