Elk + MacBook [My Official Switch From PC to Mac]

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Twilight Elk, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Twilight Elk macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

Well, I have been a poster here at MacRumors for a fair amount of time now and I have been lurking at the forums, even made a few posts. I was here when I got my very first iPod around this time last year and now I have finally arrived to this point.

I got my very first MacBook yesterday in Chandler, AZ [2.4GHz] and am currently very happy with the product, but it wasn't a very smooth transaction. The geniuses brought in my MacBook, an Apple Remote, and the extra 2GB of RAM to purchase and then they took it back in. They come back and tell me my MacBook actually died while the RAM was being set up and they would give me a new one. In a way, I was relieved that they were able to fix the problem before-hand. The entire process took an entire hour; I don't really know if that is normal in purchasing an upgraded computer, but this was almost a decade in the making [this is also my very first laptop], so I was able to wait another hour.

I got home at 2am (after a night of partying) and finally was able to try it out. I was amazed at how beautiful the MacBook looked. After lurking in this thread for a month, I've read reports of slanted keys, broken trackpads, dead pixels, and loose battery covers. That is absolutely not the case with mine, and I thank God for that :) Patience really is a virtue.

I have finally made the switch from a PC to a Mac, but that doesn't mean I will be gone from Windows forever; plans for getting Windows Vista Home Premium + VMWare are in the works soon.

I want to thank everyone in the MacRumors community for helping me decide on my MacBook throughout this year and three months and I will keep coming here to help others and to be helped myself.

2.4GHz MacBook / 250GB HDD / 4GB RAM / Apple Remote

p.s. Anyone recommend any cool apps?

2. izym macrumors newbie

Good to hear you're happy with it, hope I'll be with mine as well. Will probably receive it tomorrow :)