Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I've now had my X for a week and have not seen a single other X (except my husbands) in the wild. I am in Toronto. I am surprised.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Supply lag.

The vast majority of iPhone X orders have a 3-4 week delay attached to them, which puts delivery in mid- to late-November. iStockNow is showing no stock for most populated areas.

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I was at Apple yesterday and one of the staff mentioned how lucky I was to have gotten one so early (got it on the 4th).

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Hmm I haven't seen any in the wild yet either. We are the most special humans in the universe right now.

Reactions: myscrnnm

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
In a different thread, I commented that most people will not probably notice if one has an X: the other person is probably staring into their phones, the X will have an ugly case on it, so unless one is shoulder surfing at an X that is on, probably will not be able to tell one way or another.

But, yeah, supply constraints are preventing ubiquity.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Seems like it was easier to get one last weekend than this weekend. I picked mine up last sat but there hasn’t been much stock since.

Probably a second wave coming

Reactions: bnekic

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I've now had my X for a week and have not seen a single other X (except my husbands) in the wild. I am in Toronto. I am surprised.

It's been exactly 8 days since the release of the iPhone X. I'm not surprised that you're not seeing this in the public yet. I have only observed approximately two so far. But given supply will excel and over the course of time, that will change.

Reactions: pat500000

Another Day

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2017
A bunch of people stopped me so they could snapchat my X/Ask about FaceID.

Everyone in my social circle and a couple people at work already has an X, This is in Edmonton, AB.

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
In a different thread, I commented that most people will not probably notice if one has an X: the other person is probably staring into their phones, the X will have an ugly case on it, so unless one is shoulder surfing at an X that is on, probably will not be able to tell one way or another.

Except for the camera orientation.

Reactions: myscrnnm

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
I was at Best Buy Tuesday and saw an employee using a silver. I saw a customer with her silver in her hand looking for a case. I was picking up an online order and saw in their little cage two more boxes of iPhone X’s waiting for their owners.

Nilhum

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2016
in NYC here. Have seen plenty of X's though it's hard to notice since all of them are in cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.