ElyoTv, company info?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kmkziboy, Aug 31, 2009.

1. kmkziboy macrumors newbie

http://www.elyotv.com

So I was looking to buy a laptop and I stumbled across this website. The deals are ridiculously good... around 50% off what the products usually go for and free shipping. But I'm wary of such deals just because one should be slow to trust the internet on such things.

Anyways, I can't find ANYTHING on google... except for what I already posted on other forums. :confused: Apparently the whois states that the website has been up for three weeks. I was wondering what you think?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

If it looks like a scam, smells like a scam, and tastes like a scam, it's probably a scam.

Seriously, I wouldn't trust any company who'd only been registered for three weeks, especially not if the deals looked too good to be true.

jW

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

If it sounds too good to be true, it's pobably not true. This adage is everywhere.

4. ciberabr macrumors newbie

ElyoTV is a Fraud its a Scam

I run into Elyotv and I wanted to buy some items from it, but it always sent me back to home page each time I wanted to pay with payapal, so they wanted me to pay with western union. So they send me an email tell me that with a person name Helen Minut.
    I made a reached of Helen Minut, supposely she is from the Customer Service Department of ElyoTv.com.

They send me an email telling me this

Hello,

Thank you for contacting ElyoTv Customer Service. My name is Helen and I will be happy to help you.
    Your order # 489989 has been received. Your order is on hold and will be processed once your full payment is approved and confirmed.
    For a limited time, ElyoTv offers this promotional price and 2 days free shipping on orders over $500.
    During this period, we reserve the right to take PayPal only from our returning customers,
    and the new customers can pay through Western Union, MoneyGram or E-gold.
    We have a shipping location in United States and Europe so we can get your order to you much quicker than anybody else.
    Depending on your location and our stock levels, your order will be shipped from the best one.
    Most orders will be shipped within 48 hours (usually on THE SAME DAY) after payment is confirmed.
    If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at customerservice@elyotv.com
    We are always happy to help.

Sincerely,
    Helen Minut

Customer Service Department
    http://www.elyotv.com

But what I found out was that they used to be olimek.com before and they used to the exact thing as elyotv.com, they also receive an email exactly the same as my with the same information

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Olimek Customer Service. My name is Helen and I will be happy to help you.
    For a limited time, Olimek offers this promotional price and 2 days free shipping on orders over $500.
    During this period, we reserve the right to take PayPal only from our returning customers,
    and the new customers can pay through Western Union, MoneyGram or E-gold.
    Please note: Items added to your shopping cart when discounted price and free shipping is in effect, but not purchased until after the promotion ends,
    will not receive free shipping and discounted price. Once an order has been placed, the full price plus free shipping for your order is set.
    Please try again to place your order online at www.olimek.com, and choose Money Gram, Western Union or E-gold as method of payment.
    After the order is submitted, the customer automatically receives the invoice (will contain all the details you need to complete the transaction).
    We have a shipping location in United States and Europe so we can get your order to you much quicker than anybody else.
    Depending on your location and our stock levels, your order will be shipped from the best one.
    Most orders will be shipped within 48 hours (usually on THE SAME DAY) after payment is confirmed.
    If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at customerservice@olimek.com
    We are always happy to help.

Sincerely,
    Helen Minut

Link to the forum

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/.../t-762147.html

So you guys decide on this. I believe they are a scam and I will report them with the government to shut down the website.