emac 10.4.11 Oh that spinning Ball!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by A Bel, Sep 15, 2012.

1. A Bel macrumors newbie

My first post Hello everyone ,

I know how old this system is, but am stuck with it for a few more month till I get some funds for a Imac . Apple detected Malware when we tried to repair Disk in utility . And I hope if I can clear it out for free , the beach Ball of my frustrations will not be so prevalent . Now it hits twice a day if lucky and goes on for almost 10 minuets .
    ClamXav ? I down loaded but did not respond to 10.4.11 . this might be because of latest version is there an earlier one I can get ? or something else that might work ? I have done a lot of cleaning of the computer files from you tube tutorials .

Please help
    And Thanks
    Alex . P.S. I hope with the Malware gone the spinning will stop .

2. Zotaccian macrumors 6502a

Zotaccian

When the system gets infected and you cannot be 100% sure that you are able to remove the malware (if there really is malware) it is best to wipe the disk and do a clean install. If you have atleast 867MHz processor and 512MB RAM the maximum OS X version you can install is 10.5 Leopard.

3. chown33 macrumors 604

Post the exact error message you got.

AFAIK, "Disk Utility.app" doesn't check for malware. It does check for disk corruption or file-system damage, but that can come from various causes that have nothing to do with malware.

4. A Bel thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I stop the Beach ball?

Hi ,

700 MHz and 512 MB Ram .
    I cant' put money into this thing . saving it for something bigger & Better. I have tiger in it should I reinstall ????

Ab