eMac cd burner "bad media" message

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jayemele, Aug 11, 2010.

1. jayemele macrumors newbie

Hey all- I just got an :apple:eMac 1.25ghz, its a great computer. The eMac sports 1GB RAM, a superdrive, 150GB hard drive, & has a brand new motherboard. It had a clean install of OSX panther when I bought it, then I upgraded to OSX Leopard.

I tried to burn a music CD on it through iTunes. It went through the process of burning, and burned only one song, then came up with a short message about "bad media". I tried a different blank CD-R, but got the same message. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? I'm open to any suggestions you might have. I hope the burner isn't burned :mad:. Thanks

2. MacinDan macrumors regular

Have you tried burning with a different burning application? I'd suggest Burn or LiquidCD.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

4. jayemele thread starter macrumors newbie

burner now working!

Thanks for your input. Last night I changed the burn speed in iTunes preferences from "maximum" to 12X. Now it works perfectly! I guess the burner didn't like the max setting. I'm not sure what the maximum speed is for the burner ... Oh, and the drive is a combo drive and not a super drive. Thanks :)