eMac Command to Boot Reboot

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by gstark3, Aug 23, 2010.

1. gstark3 macrumors newbie

Okay let me start by saying that i should down my computer one time, and I go to trun it on again I get a flashing folder with the questions mark im sure everyone has had this problem. But my qeustion is I read a thread on here before that helped me with this problem last time it was an easy COMMAND that just booted my computer to the very last time that it was working it stated up fine had the apple logo with the spinning circle and everything was just working fine intell i had to shut it down and move into my dorm room goto trun it on and here we go again could someone tell me that COMMAND or what I should do about this please?

2. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

you can try resetting PRAM

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

it can bring everything back to normal , but if you still get the question mark it could be a problem with your harddrive as the question mark indicates that the startup disc cant be found

3. gstark3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its was a command that someone post on a froum and I been looking for it and it worked. All these things dont help everyone situation.

4. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

5. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

He might think of the command(⌘)-key.

I guess what you want is hold the Option-Key (⌥, it says "alt" on newer keyboards) while you push the power button, then select the hard drive.

Or repair disk permissions, insert the Install-DVD/CD1, hold the "C"-key while powering it on, wait, select your language and select Utils->DiskUtil from the top-menu. Then choose your hard drive and click "Repair Disk" on the left, after that "Repair Disk Permissions" on the right.

6. gstark3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry guys nothing is working
    not even the disc it wont let me repair the disk in disk utility.

I dont know what to do. Guess go back to windows.

7. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Install a new hard drive because it seems dead, then install Mac OS X and be fine.