Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacPig

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
England
Hi guys,
I recently picked up an early model 1Ghz eMac. The system runs perfectly mechanically but the front bezel is pretty nastily beat up. I want to replace it (yes, I understand how huge a task that is) but I'm not sure where to pick up a cheap one. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
Hi,

Your best bet might be to find someone with an emac they are parting out and get the part that way. The other route would be to find an emac really cheap for parts or repair on ebay. I doubt the Apple store would repair it since that is obsolete tech in their eyes.

You also might be able to befriend an apple service center there and see if they might be able to fix it.

multiple routes to take.. good luck!

Hi guys,
I recently picked up an early model 1Ghz eMac. The system runs perfectly mechanically but the front bezel is pretty nastily beat up. I want to replace it (yes, I understand how huge a task that is) but I'm not sure where to pick up a cheap one. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
I haven't had experiences with this site and it's pretty expensive, but this site appears to be selling them:

https://www.usedmac.com/products/922-5880-emac-front-bezel-1ghz-125ghz-142ghz

He could get another eMac for the $49 price of that bezel.

MacPig:

Just buy another eMac and then you have a bezel and a spare for every single part. Your local Craigslist is a good place to look. 40-60 is the range they generally sell in these days. Try to find the same speced model.

MacPig

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
England
ok

Ok! I'll keep an eye out and hope for the best! They're pretty uncommon here in the UK but hopefully I'll get lucky!
Thanks,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.