eMac G4 Speaker Problem. HELP!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by GavinRoskamp, Oct 17, 2008.

1. GavinRoskamp macrumors newbie

Okay, so I got my eMac G4 1.25GHz in the mail today (FedEx sucks!) and they retardedly cracked the front of my plastic just below the DVD drive. I also noticed that the left side is bulging out a lot and I tried unscrewing the silver screws and it still wouldn't go back in.

Now here is the BIG problem. I got it all opened and everything and set it up on my desk and start it up... No startup chime. At all.

I go into my sound settings and try every single sound and no sound. I go into iTunes and play music, no sound. I play a DVD and no sound.

So I turn it off and look at the speakers. The right speaker looks good as new. Unfortunately, the left speaker looks like it got completely twisted (and possibly disconnected?) from its port, or whatever it is hanging onto.

Should I file a claim against FedEx, or should I just deal with it? I can NOT live without sound on my Macs. I do major video editing and need the speakers. (Also, don't reply back with stupid comments like 'go buy some $10 speakers at walmart!' because it would add WAY too much bulk to it. I move with it a LOT.)

Ok, well thats pretty much it. I hope you all can help me out! I really wish FedEx would be more gentle with their stupid packages. UPS is who I WOULD have had deliver it, but the retarded seller on eBay only sold with FedEx shipping. Diptard.

Ok thanks in advance and hurry back with replies!

-GavinRoskamp
    :apple: iMac G3/DV 600 1GB RAM 40GB HD Tiger 10.4.11 DVD-ROM
    :apple: eMac G4/1.25 1GB RAM 150GB HD Leopard 10.5.5 DVD-ROM
    :apple: iPod Touch 1st Gen 8GB
    :apple: iPod Touch 2nd Gen 8GB

2. ickystay macrumors regular

It seems odd that both speakers are silent. If it's open you can follow the wires to see if they're plugged in.

Can you plug headphones into the speaker out jack to see if the audio problem is upstream from the speakers?