eMac! I now own one :)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by gavinstubbs09, Aug 22, 2015.

1. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

So this is a model that I have never owned, an eMac. All I need to cross off the list is an Xserve G4 & G5 then I can say I've owned at least one revision from each model of NWR PPC Macs (iMac G3 forward).

Anyway, I bought a dual 1GHz FW800 MDD a few weeks back (for $25) and the guy also happened to have a 1GHz USB 2.0 eMac and was wanting $20, needless to say I jumped on it! It has 1.5GB of DDR (will be 2GB soon enough), SuperDrive, AirPort and a 40GB hard drive.

First thoughts after using it for a few minutes is that it's quick for everything until... you open Safari for TFF. Then the entire thing is super slow and hardly usable.

Anyway, I don't think this eMac would sell here anyways so it'll more than likely forever be in my collection, next to my iMac G4 and my Core Duo iMac :)

And yes that is a OptiPlex GX620 on the floor. Supposedly trading it for my old DC G5 back.

IMG_1037.jpg

2. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

Did you buckle it up? Wouldn't want it to fall over and put a hole in the bottom of your car with how heavy it is :D

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

4. gavinstubbs09 thread starter macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

It sat fine in the seat. It would be quite the ticket, "Gavin, it appears your passenger is not wearing their seatbelt. I will be writing you a ticket for this infraction."

Thank you Eric! Should be a fun toy to use for a bit.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

That would cause quite a few more traffic court dates...

6. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

7. gavinstubbs09 thread starter macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

No kidding. I've taken home G5s and Cubes on the floor of my truck and on the back seat. My truck should be titled "The Mac Hauler"

Thankya! I really have no reason to own this, figured for $20 why the hell not!

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

That model with a bit less RAM was my first mac. Kind of wish I hadn't sold mine.

9. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Always loved my emac from the day I picked it up with an iMac G5 a couple of years back. It's the 1.42GHZ model and I maxed out the ram. Runs great and I find the screen to just be really great quality. It will stay in my collection and hopefully soon when I purchase a new house I will have it displayed in a room with my other macs directly next to my molar mac!

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Congratulations! Everyone here knows how much I adore my eMac, and I hope you will feel the same of yours. :)