Emac New Years Shutdown

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by TheG3Guy, Jan 18, 2009.

1. TheG3Guy macrumors member

TheG3Guy

Well my sister was on our emac 1.25GHz with tiger 10.4.11 and 512 ram....and all of a sudden, around midnight on new years eve...it shut down in mid use, and now does not turn on. Nothing happens when the power button is pressed. already reset pram and put new pram battery in. I would like to see if any of you had ever had this happen to you. Any help appreciated.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I don't think that my post needs anything more than just ellipses.

There we go. Now there's text.

3. Theophany macrumors 6502a

Theophany

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. TheG3Guy thread starter macrumors member

TheG3Guy

yeah its hard to believe but i dont think it has to do with anything about changing to 2009....but it might be the power supply or motherboard maybe?:confused:

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

If it isn't even trying to start up, it's a major hardware issue, not a software problem.

I had a Rev C iMac frag itself this way. The high voltage board, power supply and CRT all went out at the same time. And in the days before a Mac Mini I was forced to do a $500, repair. :(

I fear the worst in your case. If the basics don;t get it back up and running it's time to go to a good authorized repair location or (more likely) start shopping Minis.

7. TheG3Guy thread starter macrumors member

TheG3Guy

yes, the technician at the apple store said he heard a brief fan noise, but other than that..silence. I have plenty of computers from my collection to replace this but its a shame that it would just die like that:cool: