eMac not booting from CD-R

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Xodica, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Xodica macrumors newbie

Ok, so I wrote a disk image of Tiger I aquired LEGALLY! to CD-R (I got a DVD with the CD disk images on it from a friend who has them) using MacDrive on my PC as the disk drive I put in my eMac does not have burning enabled for w/e reason.

So, yes, I put the CD-R into my eMac, it shows up on the desktop and it then asks me to restart my Mac to continue with installation, on boot it gets to the Apple, the disk drive ejects and it boots into Panther.

Any solutions?

2. TrapOx macrumors 6502

Getting a DVD with the CD disk images on it from a friend who has them is not "legally acquired".

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

How is that legal? You didn't buy a copy of Tiger.

4. Xodica thread starter macrumors newbie

Shhh... They're legal copies is what I meant.

Anyway, reply about the problem not that ¬_¬ I need to get this eMac off Panther asap

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Forum rules prohibit helping people pirate software. Nothing in your post indicates to me that it's legal.
    "DVD from a friend" sounds like a pirated copy to me.

6. Xodica thread starter macrumors newbie

But it wouldn't matter if I already owned a copy of Tiger legally yeah? I stated a had a MacBook which died, got both the Tiger and Leopard official DVDs. Would use them but I got the CDs before I changed the eMac disk drive, plus Leopard won't go on this eMac without me changing stuff and I cba.

Help now?

EDIT: Oh I actually didn't, that was in another thread. Possibly the "Who has an eMac?" thread.