eMac Radeon 9600 Overclock

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Legacy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Legacy macrumors 6502

Have successfully overclocked my graphics card in the eMac. 40% increase on Core and 73% increase on mem speeds. Everything stable. Currently at 452MHz Core, 350MHz Memory.

2. DerKommissar macrumors newbie

It was not in an eMac, but I had a similar overclock on a 9600 in a PowerMac G5 dual 2.0. Can't remember the exact specs, but it was a significant OC, I remember. Sadly, I can't say it made a ton of difference...

3. Legacy thread starter macrumors 6502

No, but with Leopard and the progression of more work to the GPU, the difference is noticable sometimes, for example the ripple effect is comparable to smoothness of a IntelMac, whereas before it wasn't as smooth on the eMac. So it helps the ageing G4 out sometimes.

4. eMacStudio macrumors newbie

Radeon 9600 overclock

I have the 1.25Ghz eMac W/2Gb Ram and after reading of other people's sucess I'll probably upgrade to Leopard after the Holidays.

how exactly did you overclock the graphics card and what has the 40% increase on Core and 73% increase on mem speeds actually done for your applications?

Much Thanks!:D

5. DerKommissar macrumors newbie

Found my old numbers. I had the 9600 up to 460 mhz core and 350 mhz memory. Stable at all resolutions and games. Much more than that and I saw artifacts.