eMac screen developing green tint in the bottom right hand corner of its screen.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ChazUK, Oct 6, 2008.

1. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Hi all.

Our eMac seems to be developing a green tint in the bottom right hand corner of its screen. I've done some quick searching online and it seems that a few people have suggested a cold boot so it runs the degaussing process on a startup.

I left the eMac off for about an hour, unplugged. It did the degauss once it was plugged back in and "seems" to have removed nearly all of the green tint.

There are a few threads on various forums when I search on Google about this issue but they have no conclusive reasons why this is happening.

Could my eMac be developing a fault at all? I'm not too sure if anything magnetic has been placed on our table near the eMac so this may be the reason.

Thanks for looking!

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Have you got external speakers near? take them away and degauss the screen. do same if you've got magnets... :)

3. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

Hello Pixellated! Thanks for the quick response. :)

I have no speakers nearby at all and don't know of anything we own which would be magnetic enough to affect the screen.

I'll be leaving it unplugged tonight when we go to bed so it degauses itself when we start it tomorrow. Hopefully then all signs of a problem will be gone!

4. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Ok, good luck. Also, if it is not fixed, the people at your local genius bar would be pleased to help for no cost even if your out of your APP. (they can also recommend fixes etc...)
    :)
    EDIT: Just saw your from Essex, and ChazUK is such a fitting name for that :D

5. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

LOL! I didn't even realize you were just over the Thames from me! We live near Lakeside sontaking it to apple isn't an issue at all. Thanks again!

6. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Is there a store in lakeside? - I thought the only one was bluewater...

EDIT: Just looked and found it on :apple: website.