eMac screen messed up

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Seth Price, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Seth Price macrumors newbie

Seth Price

I use an eMac to manage Ferret Computers' data, and I have everything backed up. When I turned it on this morning, the screen was completely blank on the bottom half and the bottom half of the screen was on the top half of the screen. I am having trouble operating the eMac, and the external display won't work at all - it says "No Signal." Does anybody happen to have any idea how i can solve this?

Note: the eMac runs OS X Tiger (10.4) and it hasn't been updated from the Internet.

Attached Files:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That's the raster shift problem some eMacs get. The fix is fairly easy. You need to replace the IVAD Cable inside of the eMac. Here's how: http://www.welovemacs.com/prtoreivca.html

As for an external screen, did you start up the eMac with the external screen attached? Did you tell Tiger to detect displays in the Display pref pane?

3. Seth Price thread starter macrumors newbie

Seth Price

Yes, I use the external displays all the time. Thanks for the IVAD cable suggestion - that happened to my PC, but it wasn't specifically IVAD. I will try that out and see if it will work.