Email a JPG to a PC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by roycemac, Jun 14, 2008.

1. roycemac macrumors member

ALL jpgs attached to an email arrive at a PC embedded....not as attachments.
    Is there a way to fix this?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

3. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I'm pretty sure this is the way it works.....

Drag and drop and jpeg file to the email then right click on the attachment and choose whatever you like.

4. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I'm also pretty sure you have to have "Rich Text" enabled.

5. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

6. wordy macrumors regular

wordy

You could always .zip the pics and then attach.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Pretty much every e-mail client I've used on Windows will take any attached JPG and display it inline.

Except for like, Pine. But than that's for pretty obvious reasons.

8. roycemac thread starter macrumors member

1. Yes, "Windows-Friendly" is selected
    2. Typically, I write an email, click on 'Attchement' and I select a jpg to send.
    That jpg automatically embeds itself into the email as opposed to remaining a separate 'attachment' , so this is an origination issue.
    When I also check 'send attachment at end of email', there i no attachment at all.
    3. If i start an email and open any photo window and attempt to drag/drop onto the email, I am not permitted to drag & drop. The photo slides right back to where it came from as soon as I release it.
    What am I doing wrong?

9. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

10. roycemac thread starter macrumors member

After a little more research and reading...mostly here on this forum, I came upon a software called Loki Iconizer.
    It is a small but useful software that gives you complete control to actually 'add an attachment' to an email and send it...as an Icon atttachment.
    Very clean & neat.

Problem discovered...problem solved.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm using Apple's Mail 3.3 and I just drag and drop a .jpg onto the body of an email and it attaches... opens fine on a Windows XP system.

13. The General macrumors 601

I drag JPEGs into my emails and send them to PC users all the time. Never had once single problem what-so-ever.

14. itscindy macrumors newbie

same problem sending jpegs from Mac to PC

Since I got my new iMac a couple months ago, all my attached jpegs are received by pc users embedded. I have clicked "send windows friendly attachments", I've tried everything that's been suggested. When I had my old eMac there was never any problem. Another friend who has a Mac has sent photos and they are embedded on the PC same way. The photo name is there with the .jpg suffix, the paperclip shows on the inbox as through there is an attachment, but when I click on "save attachments", none are showing.

This is driving me crazy!! Help please!

15. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is not something that the sender can control--not without some work. Graphics are shown inline because the recipient's email client recognizes the graphics format as one that it can display and does so. If you to guarantee that your recipient cannot view your graphics inline, then you must archive archive your graphics in .zip, .sit/.sitx, or some other standard compressed archive format.

16. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Umm, when you attach the icon, Ctrl+Click on it, and select View as Icon???

Or have I just completely missed the point? I admit, I haven't received mail on a PC in a long time, but i know this works on a Mac... :/

17. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Same here, on a daily basis. I recently sent some jpegs to half a dozen multiple recipients at the same company. One woman emailed me and said she couldn't save the attachments as they were embedded; none of her colleagues had a problem and she eventually sorted it out but I'm not sure how.