iPad Email about bout 3G Data Pan Settlement

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

So I got an email saying I have to submit my claim for the class action lawsuit. It seems like a good idea seeing as I get $40 out of the deal but i was wondering what you guys think.....

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I signed on to some iPod class action suit years ago and got a check for like $24.97, followed by untold piles of junk mail, the likes of which I had not previously seen.

Maybe just a coincidence, but I wouldn't put it past these law firms that they'd sell your name and address to anyone and everyone once you cash the check.

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

hmm. I haven't gotten the email. I am original 3G ATT iPad unlimited data user. I got rid of the original ATT iPad a long time ago but I still have the original receipt.

Does sign up lead you to a website? I tried google and didn't see a sign up page.

4. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

This is something I was afraid of, but who knows lol. I wouldn't pt it past them either...

----------

Yes in the email i was given a case number and the a website. I tried goggling the page too and got nothing but here is the page if you want to check it out: http://www.3gdataplansettlement.com/Landing.aspx

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

6. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I got the email too, in my spam folder so I was suspicious. but I strongly agree with the suit, as I had an orig iPad with unl plan. I thought it was wrong to promote it with the ipad and then change the terms a month in...
    they must have emails of the orig purchasers of the unl plan..

I want the $40... I may call the 800 # on the email.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I got the email and still have the plan. Unlike many others I actually read and understood the fine print and didn't expect to stream 200GB of video every month on a cell connection.

I think I'll pass.

8. Dr Kevorkian94, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

I think I might sign up via web, $40 is $40 ya know. Honestly the switch never affected me but the bait and switch is definitely wrong in my opinion. Idk ill see though because like I said it really didn't affect me.

9. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I did not get the email, but I'm thinking the email I was using the for the unlimited data is no longer around. Doesn't look like I'll be getting the email.

10. jimmol macrumors newbie

What's wrong with this picture?

Glad they are finally giving some relief for those who bought the original iPad G3 so they could get unlimited data.

So each owner that swears they bought it for the unlimited data gets $40.00 after spending $360 per year for the last three years. (This assumes you didn't want to go up to the $50 plan.)

You now get $20 off the $50 per month 5 Gig plan for one year so you if you spend $360 you save $240.

Meanwhile, "attorneys' fees and expenses for Class Counsel of up to $1,750,000".

Cost to Apple/ATT if half the total 7 million sold would be 140,000,000 IF they sold that many AND everyone got one for the unlimited data plan.

Not much for a company that made 7.5 billion profit last quarter.

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

What did you expect? A few billion for people who didn't read the fine print? :confused:

12. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

If you got the email go to the link. There is one simple question to answer... "Was the fact that you could turn off and turn on the Unlimited 3G plan part of your decision to buy an iPad." Or something to that effect. If it was, then you get $40 that simple.

I have the Unlimited iPad Plan. I'm sure some months we are heavy users. If we go on a long drive my 11-year-old daughter or her 5-year-old sister watch Netflix, Disney Jr. or something like it for hours.