Email Account Error?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DougY, May 1, 2010.

1. DougY macrumors 6502

On my new iPad 3G, 64gig, Im trying to set up two additional email accounts. My primary account setup went perfectly. However, when I try to input the information for my two additional accounts, I keep getting a msg saying that the Username and PW are incorrect. The information is def correct, any suggestions?

2. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I'm having the same problem with my yahoo email account. It worked on my iPod touch but won't sync on my iPad.

3. DougY thread starter macrumors 6502

Yahoo

Im also using Yahoo, because I have a bellsouth.net account.
    I have all three email accounts installed on my iPhone and my iMac without any problems. I wonder what the issue is with the iPad?
    If I cannot get this resolved, I'll make a Genius Appointment at the local Apple Store where I purchased the iPad.
    Other than this one glitch, I am enjoying the iPad.
    If you find a fix for this problem, please let me know.

4. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I will. Please let me know if you find an answer too. I have home and work getting mail just fine, it's just yahoo for now.

5. DougY thread starter macrumors 6502

I can send and receive email on my Primary Account that we set up in the Apple Store when I bought the iPad yesterday. Its just that I cant configure my two other bellsouth.net accounts. Anyway, Ive just set up a Genius Bar appt for 11:40 tomorrow morning at the Apple Store. I'll post here the fix for the problem.

6. DougY thread starter macrumors 6502

Additional Bellsouth.net accounts:

To set up additional Bellsouth.net accounts on iPad:

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Add Account ->Yahoo Mail ->Fill out Yahoo Screen