Email Accounts Password Disappeared from Keychain

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by nollimac, May 12, 2017.

1. nollimac macrumors regular

nollimac

Few days ago, I went to open Mail and was greeted with several notifications (for each accounts). Of course, I was surprised...went to Keychain and all email accounts disappeared and I have several (a lot) iMessage encryption key - public key as well as iMessage signing key - public key...with El Capitan, Apple removed Keychain's first aid. How could this happen? Would Keychain rebuild itself if I delete all content from ~Library/Keychains?

I never liked Keychain.

2. nollimac thread starter macrumors regular

nollimac

Of course, one has to delete them one at a time which is very frustrating.

Attached Files:

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I get those also. I went through once and deleted them all, but over time they came back. I just ignore it. I think it is a bug.

You can make a new Keychain and delete the old one, but any saved passwords of course will be gone and you will have to reenter everything.

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 9.14.07 AM.png

4. nollimac thread starter macrumors regular

nollimac

Thank you Weaselboy for responding...it was my first time under El Capitan; however, I have had issues in the pass with earlier OS. I had pages of both iMessage encryption key and the iMessage Signing key...what I had post above was just one page of each. It would have taken forever to delete every single item...so I just deleted all content in ~Library/Keychains...of course; I could not get rid of that folder from earlier OS. I didn't bother to save any password to Keychain as I think the app is messed up and won't lock anymore.