email accounts with different names but same host confusement

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jufjo, Dec 30, 2008.

1. jufjo macrumors member

Have mercy!
    Im very green to the apple way of computing, before I got this new aluminum macbook from santa I've always used windows.
    Anyway, I am loving my new apple but of course transferring all my old stuff and getting used to how the new programs work can be quite a hassle.
    Right now im trying to get apple mail to function like outlook did.

Please be patient with me.

I have several email addresses, private, business, hobby, etc.
    They go with several of my websites.
    But they are all hosted with the same server, so although every email has a different name, they all use the same mail server, user name and password.
    I know I can add new accounts and by adding different email addresses to the name, divided with a , I can send emails from different addresses.
    But here is my problem.
    Every email I send comes from the same sender, the same name but a different email address.
    info@hab.nl & jo@jo.nl all come from sender Jo, not from hab & jo as I would like.
    Everytime I try to add a new account I get this message; "The account "jo" already has this hostname and username".
    I know it does!
    But I still want to use those with different email accounts, just like I used to do in Outlook.

Can anyone help me?
    Please?

2. jufjo thread starter macrumors member

3. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

im not sure if this is what youre looking for...

Try clicking the little plus sign on the very bottom left of Mail.app and click new mailbox. that should create the isolated inbox and sent outbox for the additional mail accounts.

i havent used outlook in over 6 years so ive sort of have a foggy remembering of it.

4. jufjo thread starter macrumors member

I don't think it has any effect on the email names i can use.