Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slimfinity

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
I have a new email account on my iphone 4.
I also have an existing email account on the same phone.
My existing email account has always worked fine, no probs.
I can type emails from my new email account on my phone, but when I send them they don't send. The are in my sent folder, but they don't send to recipient. I can however, receive emails on this new account without any probs.
If I access this new email account from my imac the emails will send and the recipient will receive them. I checked the settings in my phone and compared my new email account to my existing account and everything looks the same. I have never had a problem before setting up email accounts on my phone.

If this problem has nothing to do with my iphone email I apologize for posting. I think it might have something to do with my iphone settings though because when I use my imac everything works fine

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
NM
Alright, since nobody else has replied yet I will do my best to help you... first thing, are you trying to have two separate email accounts or did you someone how end up with two different ones on your phone accidentally?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.