Email address problem

jazzgirl1954

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
when I send an email to myself, "Holidays in the United States" comes up with my name. I can't edit in in my contacts. Can anyone help???

jazzgirl1954

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
tx for the reply. gmail. I went to preferences and I can't get rid of the Holiday thing

jazzgirl1954

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "in the top right". Top right of what window?
When I'm in "mail", I don't have that option.

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Upstate NY
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "in the top right". Top right of what window?
When I'm in "mail", I don't have that option.
You to gmail.com with your browser and login to your email. Once your logged in you can change your settings via the button in the top right.

Justin33

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
I'm still having trouble finding the button you are talking about...
After you log in to gmail, click the gear icon then click settings. Now, from there I'm not sure which tab will address your issue. I suspect "accounts and import" then "sent mail as".

I'm usually not this helpful. I'm bored at work.

mennis28

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2014
found a fix

on your mac, when u send an email to yourself, let its say (Holidays in united states). hover your mouse over that blue bubble containing that text until you see the drop down menu. choose "Remove from previous recipients list" should be gone!!

paulindsm

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2014
it worked

on your mac, when u send an email to yourself, let its say (Holidays in united states). hover your mouse over that blue bubble containing that text until you see the drop down menu. choose "Remove from previous recipients list" should be gone!!
it worked...thankyou

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.