Email addresses

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by robo44, Mar 6, 2013.

1. robo44 macrumors member

First off many thanks to all who have helped me in getting used to my mac. It the best move i ever made even though im still learning on it every day.
    My latest question is this :- I use 3 different e mail addresses but one of them i put in wrong, now when i go to log into my e mail account i get my correct address which i high lite and use it.
    But the incorrect address i wrote in by mistake is still there and pops up every time.
    On my pc i used to high lite it and press delete but it does not work like that on my mac.
    How do i go about deleting the incorrect one.
    Thanks as always :)

2. Keukasmallie macrumors regular

Keukasmallie

Maybe go to Add Account under File heading in Mail, add the correct email address and info as a new account, take the incorrect email address account off line...? Since I'm a rookie too, I offer this with the most humble of trepidations.

3. Ralphalph macrumors member

Ralphalph

Are you using OSX Mail? Select preferences, then accounts, then select the email account you would like to remove, and press the minus button at the bottom of the window.

If that is not what you are talking about, provide a bit more information about what software you are referring to.

4. robo44 thread starter macrumors member

Not sure if i am using osx mail ?
    Lets see if i can explain this a bit better.
    Lets say my e mail add is 123@gmail.com and when i entered it first time i put 124@gmail.com realised what i did and put the correct one in.
    Next time i went to use my mail i entered the 12 both e mails show up so i pick the one i want.
    All i want to do is get rid of the wrong one which appears in the drop down box hope that makes sense..

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Are you using the Mail App that came with your Mac? If so, then Ralphalph's answer is how to fix it. Select preferences, then accounts, then select the email account you would like to remove, and press the minus button at the bottom of the window. If you are not using the Mac Mail App and are using some other mail app, we will need to know which one before we can help you.

6. robo44 thread starter macrumors member

Thats brilliant chaps just followed your instructions step by step and sorted it :)

7. Spikeywan macrumors 6502

I'm new too. I have configured the Mail App to handle my @me account, and it works beautifully.

I try to ensure that my @me addresses are only given out to 'safe' people, friends, family, etc, in the hope of keeping them spam free, so I also have a couple of Hotmail addresses, which I can drop when the spam levels increase.

I would like to be able to use these Hotmail addresses with the Mail App. On my iPad and iPhone, it works great and I have access to all my folders, but it seems that folder access is blocked for computers.

Is there either a way of getting 'full' access to Hotmail with the Mail App, or alternatively is there another email service that works 'properly' with the it?

Thanks.