Email Alert Tone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cynics, Jan 1, 2013.

  1. cynics macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2012
    #1
    This is an annoying issue. I have my email alert tone set to calypso.

    [​IMG]

    However I'd guess 75% of the time I get the default "Ding" sound. The other 25% I get the calypso tone. I'm using the stock email app with 3 different address and they all seem hit or miss.

    Any ideas? I've tried turning it back to default and back and have reset the phone (4S) holding power + home.
     
  2. cynics thread starter macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2012
  3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

    lelisa13p

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2009
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA USA
    #3
    Try selecting a different alert tone and see if it makes any difference?
     
  4. cynics thread starter macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2012
    #4
    Hmm...kind of stupid of me not to try that....I'll see what happens, thanks...
     
  5. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

    lelisa13p

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2009
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA USA
    #5
    Post your progress, whenever you think it's been sufficient time to make a judgement. A few days or whatever. :)
     
  6. Imac Sam macrumors 6502

    Imac Sam

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2011
    Location:
    Harrisonburg, Virginia
  7. cynics thread starter macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2012
    #7
    Well, I changed the email alert tone to "alert" and its been 100% perfect over the week I tested it. I'm going to change it back to calypso to see if the problem comes back.

    ----------

    Thanks for the link. This is so user unfriendly, I hate redundant settings.

    So I went to notifications > mail and one of my email accounts was "ding" even though sound > new mail was set to calypso. The other 2 email accounts were calypso. I think that was my problem. I'll test it out, thanks again.
     
  8. Imac Sam macrumors 6502

    Imac Sam

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2011
    Location:
    Harrisonburg, Virginia
  9. jf1450 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2012
    #9
    Hey Sam, rude of me to not follow up in the other post you linked to. Your suggestion helped us out also. Thanks!

    Jeff
     
  10. cynics thread starter macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2012
    #10
    Hmm well it didn't work. I have everything set to calypso and its still doing the default ding (I resorted to emailing myself to check it). Guess its just some weird bug with that tone and my phone. Really not that big of a deal I'm actually tired of messing with something so insignificant lol.
     
  11. Imac Sam macrumors 6502

    Imac Sam

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2011
    Location:
    Harrisonburg, Virginia
    #11
    Make sure you power down the phone and back on.
     

Share This Page