email an audio file

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Clarence, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Clarence macrumors regular

is it possible to email an audio file? I would like to email a friend an MP3, its an AAC file from I tunes. I know how (i think) to convert it to MP3... but when I'm in entourage and go to attack file, it wont let me get past the application and into the library. Any ideas?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

change your import settings in iTunes to MP3,
    convert to MP3 in iTunes.

now you can either navigate to the file to send or you can do it the easy way.

easy way: in itunes, drag the track to your desktop and boom! its copied there, then in entourage, locate the file from your desktop to send.

harder way: when sending in entourage, go to your home folder>Music>iTunes>iTunes Music>Artist>Ablum Name to find the file.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

When you are in the attach file dialog box you need to find the file rather than the iTunes. iTunes stores it music in Music from your home folder, iTunes, iTunes Music, then artist, then album, you can find the song file. However the simplest way of doing this is, when you are in iTunes drag and drop the song on the desktop. This will copy the song file there which you can easily navigate to from the attach dialog box.

4. Clarence thread starter macrumors regular