Email and attachments

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rm2092, Nov 14, 2010.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

I get a email on my iPad and I would like to reply with a attachment but I do not see a option for it unless Im not seeing it so the only way I could see is copy and re past the email addy and create a new email with the attachment.

Thanks.

2. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

It seems like emails with attachments always start within another app which controls the attached file. For example, Photos for pictures, Numbers for spreadsheets. I don't think you can ever add an attachment directly from the Mail app. So, yeah - if you want the email with the attachment to appear as a response, you would need to copy from the original email then paste into the email created by the app which controls the file to be attached.

3. Spectrum macrumors 6502a

Spectrum

And what if you need to reply-to-all AND add a new attachment? I had exactly this problem last night. It is IMPOSSIBLE to do both. You can neither paste the attachment (unless it is a photo) into the reply-to-all message, nor can you copy/paste the reply-to-all address list (50+ addresses) into an email message created in an application with the file. You can copy them individually, but not select all > copy.

Apple: This lack of functionality is a mess!