Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaushikvikas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Can any one please help in setting up my pop email on my iPhone and any app for synching my iPhone with the MS outlook calender? :apple:

hsk

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2009
Austin, TX
If you have your pop email set up in Outlook on your PC, all you have to do is check a few boxes in iTunes once you have the phone connected. It is all in the iPhone Manual.

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
If you have a gMail account and want to be able to sync over the air I found this app called sync2 which works flawlessly IMO. If you're just looking to do a direct sync from your PC all you have to do is set it up under itunes. Just click the boxes of the calendar and mail you want to sync and click apply.

hsk

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2009
Austin, TX
If you have a gMail account and want to be able to sync over the air I found this app called sync2 which works flawlessly IMO. If you're just looking to do a direct sync from your PC all you have to do is set it up under itunes. Just click the boxes of the calendar and mail you want to sync and click apply.

Actually, I think if you set up GMail via the Exchange setup on the iPhone, it will sync everything anyway (w/o another app) via IMAP - email, contacts and calendar. True?

But to the OP - plug in your iPhone to iTunes and go to the phones settings "Info" tab and make the selections there.

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
Actually, I think if you set up GMail via the Exchange setup on the iPhone, it will sync everything anyway (w/o another app) via IMAP - email, contacts and calendar. True?

But to the OP - plug in your iPhone to iTunes and go to the phones settings "Info" tab and make the selections there.

You are definately right about that. The only benefit this app has to me is that I don't have to sync my iPhone with iTunes to update my outlook contacts/calendar. It's all done by having this app check gMail for outlook for any updates, and then iPhone checks Gmail for any updates to this information.

I guess it depends on what the OP's needs are but I hope I helped in some way.

Thanx for pointing that out hsk :)

kaushikvikas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Thanks everyone for your quick responses. My emails are hosted at Rackspace and I have the pop and smtp details with me. That way I guess I can pull my emails but how to synch it with my outlook calender?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Thanks everyone for your quick responses. My emails are hosted at Rackspace and I have the pop and smtp details with me. That way I guess I can pull my emails but how to synch it with my outlook calender?

They told you. Plug the phone into iTunes, go to the summary page and select what you want from the calendar settings !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.