Email app freezing up on me all the time

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Corsig, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Corsig macrumors member

Everytime I open up my email, the app freezes not allowing me to do anything until I force close it and open it up again.

Has anyone else been seeing this on their phone? If so, please tell me how I can fix it. It's driving me insane

Cory

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Have you tried removing and re-adding your account(s)?

3. JustMyName, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015

JustMyName macrumors newbie

Though not often, I've experienced the same thing a few times. Mail app won't respond and needs to be killed and re-opened. iPhone 6 64GB, iOS 8.1.2

4. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I've been experiencing the same thing on my 6+ running 8.1.3 too. I noticed it first started occurring on 8.1.2, where the mail screen would load to a blank white page, and would freeze the entire device. I had to do a hard restart in order to get the device to work again. It's still occurring intermittently on 8.1.3. Deleting/re-adding the accounts doesn't fix it.

5. Corsig thread starter macrumors member

I was hoping the new update would fix it but it still happens all the time. It has me looking for other email alternatives.

Can anyone suggest a good (free) one to try?

6. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

I've had a few freezes on email too since upgrading to 8.1.3 on air 2

7. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Who is your email provider? If it's Gmail, just download the Gmail app from the app store, it's a great one.

8. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Try the new Outlook app for iOS. It works well and is customizable with swipe features

9. Corsig thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I've been playing around with the new Outlook. Now that i have it customized its pretty damn good so far.