Email App Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TB07-NJ, Jun 26, 2009.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Coming from Blackberry the iPhone email is frustrating to say the least. I have 6 GMAIL accounts on the phone. I can live with most of the stull like no real "push" email but some of the "basic" missing features are surprising ........

Is there any way to:
    Mark ALL MESSAGES AS READ in an individual email account without reading them so the message indicator shows ZERO and I actually know when I got a NEW message and which account got it? The email indicator tone just "bings" but I have no idea what email account got the new message.

Delete all message without "checking off" each one, one at a time?

In the Gmail mail account screen is there a way to remove all the unnecessary folders like "All Mail, Spam, Starred, Trash, Drafts" and just keep INBOX and maybe SENT?

Thanks!

2. samcraig macrumors P6

have you checked out gmail using safari? it's actually very cool - you can do a lot of things, gestures, star items, etc. I think I actually prefer it to the native email app (for my gmail account)

I have it bookmarked, so it's easy to get to (I haven't put the icon on my springboard yet - but I just may) to make it even easier

3. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Then you have to enter username & pswd eact time I assume. With 6 account that is a PITA plus I assume there is no notification.