email app suggestions

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mclld, Sep 14, 2016.

1. mclld macrumors 68000

I was using Cloud Magic until it just updated on my phone under a new name and will now have a $49/year fee. Not happening and I dont want to use the gmail app. I have three gmail and an att.net email account that will be used

2. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Don't know what you're looking to get out of your mail app but I use Outlook on both iOS and Android to manage my gmail accounts.

3. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I will look into it but I had to remove my outlook account from Cloud Magic because the spam was out of control

4. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Sorry, to clarify...I use the Outlook app, not Outlook mail service. I believe Microsoft rebadged the Accompli mail app as Outlook after they bought it. I found it to be the best way to manage gmail--nice swipe customization.

5. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Check out the BB Hub app (blackberry hub) its very good for email also. Especially managing multiple accounts.

7. mi7chy, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

I primarily use it for Yahoo and MS Live accounts but Aqua Mail also support Gmail, Apple mail and others. It's stored locally and not cloud based no no worries about privacy, light weight, reliable, with swipe gestures, conversation view, dark theme and very customizable. Free trial version is limited to two accounts with banner but full license is only $4.95 one time cost.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kman.AquaMail

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kman.AquaMail.UnlockerMarket

8. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I use Blue Mail it's the only mobile mail app I actually like

9. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

You can still use the app without signing up for the premium features. I talked to customer support and the ability to sync all your accounts with one email is still a free feature.

10. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

What are the premium features? I am using the Outlook app right now, it seems good but I love how CM will add all your accounts juts with one login

11. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

Snooze, Read Receipts, Sender Profile, Send later, Undo Send ... from what I can tell.

I think they just worded it wrong when they rolled this out. Sync with one login is still a free feature. And if you purchased the cloud magic mac app you get a year of premium free.

12. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah bad rollout, as soon as a saw it would cost and this was basically a trial I uninstalled

13. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

I just wish I could get the old icon back :D haha

14. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

You can download that icon and use it instead

15. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

I mean for the iOS version. Android and Mac I changed it back to the original lol

16. nfl46 macrumors 603

Funny, Cloud Magic, was my Android e-mail client as well. The update is still showing in the App Store. I guess I won't update until I have to.

17. Vegastouch, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I had Blue Mail but didnt it morph into Type mail(App)? One day it was different after an update.

EDIT, did a search, there is a Bluemail. Looking at them, im pretty sure they are the same app.