Email App with Templates

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MarkyUK, Jul 12, 2013.

1. MarkyUK macrumors member

Hey all,

Every day for work I have to email suppliers information regarding a part I require. For this, I use a template. My phone is currently jailbroken, and right now I am using TextExpander to do this.

I've set up my template under a certain phrase, so I just start a new email, type the phrase and the template is posted into the new email. Easy peasy!

However, I would love to be able to do this without the need for a Jailbreak tweak, and as the default Mail app doesn't currently support anything like Templates for emails, I was wondering if there was a third party app that I may have missed that would support this feature.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Marky

2. MarkyUK thread starter macrumors member

3. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Couldnt you change your auto correct word list? or are you wanting more of a long phrase?

I am not totally sure you could do anything with typing phrases but it would be easy to create an app that allowed you to select from a list of premade text to send. I will do some research on if theres much demand for this and if it there is I might make something like it since it would be a very easy app to make.

4. MarkyUK thread starter macrumors member

It's a small paragraph with blank bits where I can fill the details. For example, model/serial numbers etc.

I suppose in that respect, I could type out a few phrases that I want as templates in my Notes and then just copy and paste... but effort. :p

5. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Ahh ok I see what your saying. Yea it would be pretty easy to make an app where you could create templates with blanks and then when writting an email fill in the blanks then hit a button and it would put it into an email and you could add or subtract from whatever text. I am going to do some research to see whats out there I would also be suprised if its not out there (atleast under like a signature type thing).