Email app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Angelo921, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

Other than Sparx what email app does everyone like that displays the unread mail count?

2. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68010

KarimLeVallois

Airmail

3. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

Doesn’t seem to have that great of reviews. Do you use it?

4. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68010

KarimLeVallois

It’s had a bit of a buggy past, but I’ve been running the latest beta and it’s very smooth and not had many issues at all. The developers are all over anything.

5. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

For $10, I'll wait until it's finalized.. :)

7. dbrewood macrumors regular

dbrewood

I bought it after reading a lot of recommendations and so far I'm very disappointed the rendering of images within an email is terrible. I've looked to get on the beta but no go.

8. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68010

KarimLeVallois

I find the rendering much better than many of the rivals to be honest. Spark maybe a *tiny* bit better, but I’m not 100% sure on the privacy with them. DM me and I’ll request you get added to the beta...

9. dbrewood macrumors regular

dbrewood

Thanks muchly, PM sent :)

10. CrownSeven macrumors member

11. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

When is airmail due to release the beta as a final candidate?

12. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68010

KarimLeVallois

No idea, they're taking a while...

13. Toonartist macrumors regular

Same here. I have it setup to provide notifications for the "Focused" inbox only and all other mail to go to the main Inbox. The watch version works the same. You can view notifications, Reply, delete, archive etc. Click on it to get a text only version of the email and if you click it again, you get a miniature full colour copy of the actual email. You can also change inboxes or load more messages by scrolling down. No complaints with it so far.

14. JohnKauf macrumors newbie

Have you been able to get the Outlook watch app to load all mail, i.e., not just Focused inbox mail? I love the concept of the Focused inbox, but it's still dropping too many mails that I actually want to see in the first instance. I can bypass Focused on my phone, but can't figure out how to do that on the watch. My watch inbox always shows "Focused" on the top left. Thanks.

15. Toonartist macrumors regular

Yes. Scroll to the bottom of the "Focused" messages. At the bottom you'll see an option to load more emails or, select another/the other inbox.

16. NJRonbo macrumors 68020

I wish there was an email notification for the watch that would show the entire email from start to finish by just swiping down on the watch face. I hate having to wait to see the entire message by tapping into the app.

Apple Mail, I think, does it. Airmail does not. Not sure about Edison.

17. dbrewood macrumors regular

dbrewood

Outlook does this :)

18. NJRonbo macrumors 68020

19. GrumpyCoder macrumors regular

Never found an email app that does it all for me. For private mail I'm using Apple Mail, for business Airmail. It's very customizable, but has some issues here and there. Another option is Postbox, but they dropped plug-in support and there's no way to make it work with GPG anymore. Tried a ton of other apps, but nothing came close to the above three. Spark looks fantastic, but they use your email password to clone your inbox to their servers in order to make certain functionality work in their app. Not sure if they still do this, but it's a no-go for me.

20. akosnitzky macrumors member

akosnitzky

21. NJRonbo macrumors 68020

I got Outlook, and unfortunately, you are wrong.

Outlook notifications on the watch do not show the entire mail message. It stops after so many lines of information.

However, that being said, Outlook has the best watch notification that I have seen from any of the email apps. That includes Newton, Airmail, Apple Mail, Spark

The font on Outlook is not only smaller, but it looks very neat. It's the most professional looking notification I have seen.

I am not crazy about the Outlook app. However, Apple Watch notification is most important to me so I will keep Outlook over Airmail.

22. dbrewood macrumors regular

dbrewood

@NJRonbo Ah well close enough for mew, you must get longer emails than I do. Glad to hear you are finding the app useful.

23. NJRonbo macrumors 68020

I do.

However, I appreciate the recommendation for OUTLOOK. The watch notification is excellent compared to everything else.