email attachments, spreadsheets etc

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jorome, Apr 15, 2009.

1. jorome macrumors newbie

I've got the Spreadsheet app and it works ok. I can import a spreadsheet via WIFI and alter it (in xml format), and then either export it via WIFI or I can email it in xml format. But what I can't do is receive a spreadsheet as an attachment and import it into the Spreadsheet app. Any ideas? If I do receive an emailed spreadsheet then if it's xls I can open it but cannot copy and paste from it into a newly created xml spreadsheet in Spreadsheet, if it's in xml format then I can't even view the attachment. Is anyone else managing to email in, amend, and then email out a spreadsheet in any format?

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

3. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

You're probably looking at 1 year, 3 months before this functionality is even possible. The only exception would be a spreadsheet/office app bundled with an email client which is simply rediculous. The limitations lies in the sand-box style app file access and the fact that there is no user accessible file system. You can't save email attachments into a user directory nor can the spreadsheet app access emails from the mail app.