Email attachments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maggiesfam, Aug 31, 2008.

1. maggiesfam macrumors newbie

I am not able to attach files to outgoing emails and incoming emails do not have attachments. Is there some way to restore iMail to correct whatever is wrong?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I presume that you mean Mail. iMail is the name of a Windows-based mail server. It is also the name of a MacOS X email notification widget.

As for your problem:
    • Which version MacOS X?
    • Which email provider?
    • Which ISP?
    • Have you used this email service on this ISP before?
    • What do you mean by "incoming emails do not have attachments"?
    • Have you done anything to Mail that makes you suspect that it needs to be "restored"?

3. maggiesfam thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using Mail on my Macbook (Os X vs. 10.5.4). My ISP is a provider I've used for years, and the problem was happening on all of my email services which all download into Mail. I am able now to make and receive attachments again, however, now a blue Lego-block icon with question marks on it appears on every email with an attachment (incoming or outgoing). I also can't see outgoing attachments on mail that I send.

Yes, I had adapted the Mail program by downloading a plug in call Mail Iconizer which is intended to help make attachments more user-friendly. Things were fine with that. However, I downloaded another program OMiC which was supposed to be able to open Office Contact files (I was trying to send myself some of my old contacts from my old PC & couldn't open the files). The OMiC didn't open the files, either, so I tried to uninstall it. After uninstalling it, the blue Lego-block icon appeared, and I've had problems with Mail ever since.

I would be happy to reload the Mail program, but don't know how, and would I lose all current emails? I haven't back up the system on Time Machine since this all occurred so that I don't back up a bad set-up.

I greatly appreciate whatever advice you may offer.