Email Badge not clearing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hls811, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

For some reason whenever I open mail the badge is showing a '4' on the dock icon. I don't have any new mail - I went through each folder to make sure nothing was hidden - and if I go online to check my .mac account that way it shows up as '0' new messages.

Is there a way to reset the dock badge?

This just started happening about 2 days ago.

I went through each of my mailboxes/folders and did a rebuild but that didn't help..

2. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Try this:

Right click the name of the mailbox and select "synchronize" from the menu. That's worked for me in the past.

3. Hls811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Nope :(

Unfortunately that didn't work either. I even went to far as to remove my .Mac account from Mail and re-configure it! Even when there wasn't ANY mail account associated it did it! (If I sign into my .Mac account via the web its not showing any new messages) - its something w/ the app - not the mail account.

4. Hls811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I fixed it!

I created a Smart Mailbox to show all unread messages - and go figure, there were 4 unread messages! I'm not sure why they didn't show in my inbox, but regardless - it allowed me to read them and the badge is now accurate again!

5. onelegtwoshoes macrumors newbie

Perfect!!

This worked perfect for me, I wonder why they didn't show in the inbox. Does mail have an archive option?